Helen Shoulder Bag
Digital PDF Sewing Pattern
The Helen Bag PDF Sewing Pattern has been designed specifically to safely and securely hold an iPad and A4 documents and folders. It has a padded internal pocket to carry and protect your iPad and a roomy interior that will easily hold A4 documents, diary and planner. It has a quilted feature pocket on the front divided into two and another on the back that will take sheets of A4. As well as the interior iPad pocket it has an additional internal pocket that could be divide to hold pens, or a phone and some tissues whatever fits your need.
This bag would be ideal for taking to meetings or lectures. It would suit either sex depending on the fabric choices made.
The ideal fabric for this bag is a firm woven fabric with an even weave such as cotton or cotton canvas.
If you want to give your bag a professional finish you can invest in 'bag furniture' e.g. D-rings and trigger clips and brass zips. This bag is a nice one to make, the instructions are in color and break the process down into simple steps.
- Main Fabric 1/2yd of 45" wide
- Feature Fabric 1 Fat Quarter
- Lining 1/2yd of 60" wide
- Sew in heavy interfacing 1/2yd of 45" wide
- Wadding 2oz weight 1/2yd of 45" wide
- Trigger Clips 1" wide x 2
- Zipper 20" x 1
- Metal D-rings 1" wide x 2
- Cotton - Matching threads or contrast colours for top stitching as desired
- Bias binding 1" - 4 yds
- Fabric if own made piping 1 Fat Quarter
- Adjuster buckle 1" wide x 1
- Piping cord or Piping 4 &1/2 yds
Finished bag is approx 13" wide by 9" tall by 3" deep
Secure and Robust for daily use